Why bother with Social Media?
- Until recently, search engines have used relevancy and authority to rank content in their search engine results: which means that if you are using the right keywords on your site and have numerous and good inbound links from other sites – you are, more or less, “doing it right”.
- However, it is becoming more and more relevant as to what your social graph looks like as well in order to keep a high SEO ranking.
- Search engines such as Google and Bing are incorporating your social context into their search engine rankings.
What does this mean?
- Basically any of your social connections via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and of course Google+ are being indexed through the search engine algorithms in order to prioritize results displayed for a search query.
- These connections may be based on shared content and direct links by friends, colleagues and customers, as well as influencers.
- Influencers are people in or outside of your social media graph who have become the “gurus” of your subject matter. They are critical as they offer a more objective referral to you or your business and as a result further validate your reputation.
Social Search will continue to grow and become a key player in SEO and in order to keep up with your competition and be found ahead of them in search displays it is critical to actively engage in social media.
Lets us set up an AWESOME* SoMe Strategy for your today!
Take a look at this video from Google as they walks you through how Google Plus Your World works: